Searching the archive?

Paul Andinach pandinac at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Thu Dec 9 21:25:33 EST 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Ika wrote:

> Juliette asked:
>
> > Is it possible to search the list archive? I can't see how to do
> > it.
>
> I haven't worked it out yet either - the best I can suggest is to
> use the "list threads by title" and hope for threads called
> "Hexwood".

You could also try some variation on

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:suberic.net+hexwood+"index+by+thread"

although this only searches message titles.

There ought to be a way to search message bodies as well, but Google
seems reluctant - removing the "index by thread" stipulation just
means it returns results from the other indices and from the rest of
the site, but still no individual messages.

Paul
--
"Hold fast to the one noble thing."