college of magics

Robyn Starkey rohina at shaw.ca
Thu Dec 9 20:36:35 EST 2004

>Someone mentioned A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer and the
>title sounds vaguely familiar to a book I read a long time ago.
>
>Can anyone who has read it more recently confirm or deny if it has a
>very rushed ending that doesn't flow quite the way the rest of the book
>did ?

I love the book, but have always found the ending unsatisfactory. Not so
much that it is rushed; on second reading I understood better how she was
saying the magic worked, but I really hated the forced romance parts. I
thought the best bits of the book were the parts about female friendship,
and I was kind of annoyed that Faris so fell apart over a guy who she
didn't even know all that well. Plus the solution was kind of creepy.

Robyn