Heyer (was Re: Names of children (was Melissa's Introduction))

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 17:14:55 EST 2004

Melissa wrote:

>I live in America.  Until recently it was almost a miracle for an American
>of my generation to have read *any* Heyer.  I only heard about her through
>this list, in fact.  We've managed to acquire slightly more than half her
>romances (I don't count the nasty mysteries either, nor _Cousin Kate_)
>either through the new Harlequin releases or fortunate finds at used book
>stores.  And I've read _Venetia_ but don't own it--bummer, that, because
>it's one of my favorites.  Ditto _Lady of Quality_ and _The Talisman Ring_.
>I would really like to get _False Colours_ and _The Reluctant Widow_.

obDWJ, she has all the Heyers apart from one or two of the mysteries, and
is giving copies as birthday and Christmas presents to her grand-daughters
as she lays hands on them.

Check out birthdays: DWJ shares one with Georgette Heyer, and E. Nesbit is
one day off (but I can't remember in which direction).

Minnow