His Dark Materials

Gili Bar-Hillel gbhillel at netvision.net.il
Thu Dec 9 15:19:08 EST 2004

I haven't read any of the attatched links, so maybe I'm being redundant, but
I suspect the film's going to be dire because the director (who is
responsible for such cinematic masterpieces as "American Pie") DID NOT LIKE
the filmscript turned in by Tom Stoppard. Tom Stoppard!

The play, which I saw at the National in London, I found to be surprisingly
palatable.

Gili