Blank Intro "form"

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Thu Dec 9 13:52:37 EST 2004

On Thursday 09 December 2004 14:41, Ian Riddell wrote:
> On Dec 9, 2004, at 2:19 AM, Laurel Lamme wrote:
> > What I want for Christmas: A full turnout in the church choir.
>
> Amen to that!

Quite. With us that means two basses, two tenors, three altos and four
sopranos (enough for a small Orthodox church); but while all of the
sopranos and tenors can sing in tune reliably, only one of the altos
can (me; not bragging, simple fact, they use me as Keeper of the Pitch
aka Immovable Object) and neither of the basses can, except that one of
them can be taught if you start early enough (say, in September for
Christmas).

And the children's choir, when in full force, consists of two girls who
can sing in tune, one girl who could if she wasn't overconfident (but
has to sing descant on her own because she's not easily distracted and
at almost eleven has the strongest voice), two girls and a boy who plod
along happily, one girl who really shouldn't sing but likes it so much
that it would be cruel to stop her, and a boy who, though he's only
eight and a half, sounds as if he's already changing. And they're not
often in full force; usually I only have one of the two who can sing in
tune, the overconfident one, one or two of the plodders-along, the girl
who shouldn't, and the eight-and-a-half-year-old. (My own daughters are
in the first, second and third categories; fortunately I didn't bear
any children who can't sing at all)

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 30-Nov-2004