college of magics

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 9 12:50:12 EST 2004

Someone mentioned A College of Magics by Caroline Stevermer and the
title sounds vaguely familiar to a book I read a long time ago.

All I remember is that the story was very interesting and I was really
enjoying the book, but that the last bit felt very rushed as though the
author had been told "ok, finish it up now!".  I really don't even
remember what the story was about except that College of Magics sounds
sort of right.  Some of DWJ's books suddenly race to an ending and tie
everything up, but the difference is that it all seems logical. However,
I recall the book I'm trying to remember just feeling "wrong" somehow,
though I don't think I could explain the wrongness beyond that it felt
very different from the rest of the book.

Can anyone who has read it more recently confirm or deny if it has a
very rushed ending that doesn't flow quite the way the rest of the book
did ?

Allison