Names of children (was Melissa's Introduction)

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Dec 9 12:10:27 EST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 09:56:45AM -0700, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

>Offspring (human variety):  Teleri, 10; Aerin, 8; Rhys, 6; Cordelia, 4.
>Bonus points to anyone who knows the books these names were drawn from.

Teleri ni Pendaren from Theresa Edgerton's _Child of Saturn_, _The Moon
in Hiding_, _The Work of the Sun_.

Lady Aerin from Robin McKinley's _The Hero and the Crown_.

I'm not going to try for Rhys; there are too many of them.

Cordelia I would guess from Christopher Stasheff's _Gramarye_ series,
as the two I can spot are from fantasies rather than SF, but LMB is also
a possibility...

>any Georgette Heyer I haven't read yet.

There's Heyer you haven't read yet? Lucky thing!

(Unless you mean the contemporary detective ones, which I don't rate.)