Blank Intro "form"

Rowland, Jennifer A B jennifer.rowland at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 06:51:41 EST 2004

> Name: Jennifer
>
> Living in: London
>
> Age: 29
>
> What I do when not playing here: Librarian
>
> Married/partnered/?: Yes
>
> Offspring (human variety): No
>
> Offspring (non-human): No
>
> First DWJ/when: Charmed Life, I think. I read many of them as a child.
>
> Favourite DWJ: Deep Secret, Spellcoats, Magicians of Caprona, Tough Guide- and I'm sure I had a different list last time I did this!
>
> Least favourite DWJ: Dark Lord of Derkholm, Crown of Dalemark
>
> Other favourite authors/books: Lois McMaster Bujold, Ursula K. LeGuin, Robin McKinley, Martha Wells, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams... Dorothy Sayers, Margery Allingham, Michael Innes, Staynes and Storey (who write the Inspector Bone mysteries)... Richard Dawkins, Stephen Jay Gould, Jack Stewart, Richard Fortey... Dave Barry, Sellars and Yeatman, Bill Watterson, Gary Larson, Paul Jennings... Margaret Mahy, Noel Streatfield, Philip Pullman, Arthur Ransome, E. Nesbit, Mary Norton, Eva Ibbotson, Rudyard Kipling... Jane Austen, Virginia Woolf, John Donne, Anne Fadiman, Gerald Durrell, George Orwell (the essays and journalism), Elizabeth David...
>
> Music: Bands with clever lyrics, like They Might Be Giants. Tom Lehrer. Flanders and Swann. Operettas. Baroque choral music. Soul.
>
> Currently reading: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency, the first Lake Wobegon collection (since the last time I read this, I've listened to the tapes from the show, so now I can hear Keillor's voice reading the pieces), a 1920s cookbook to fall asleep with.
>
> Currently practicing: Mozart's Requiem and Bach's Magnificat.
>
> Favourite movies: I enjoy a lot of films, but mostly not with the same wish to watch them many times that I get with books. Um... Singing in the Rain, The Slipper and the Rose, Galaxy Quest, The Crimson Permanent Assurance.
>
> Favourite TV: Red Dwarf, CSI, Blackadder, the musical episode from Two Pints of Lager And A Packet of Crisps, MASH, David Attenborough programmes.
>
> What I want for Christmas: Sunshine, by Robin McKinley. The Stone Canal, by Ken Macleod. The extended DVD of Return of the King. Season 5 of Red Dwarf.

Book I'm giving someone for Christmas with the sneaky intention of borrowing: Thinking in Pictures by Temple Grandin.

Books I'm waiting most impatiently for: Scholar of Magic to be out in normal size paperback. Diane Duane's Door Into Starlight (was originally scheduled for 2002. Still on her blog's list of things being worked on. Gnash teeth, wail.)

Best book read this year due to being recommended on this list: A toss-up between Chris Moriarty's Spin State and Kage Baker's Sky Coyote, with Kij Johnson's Fudoki close behind.

Jennifer