Intro form

EstairM at aol.com EstairM at aol.com
Thu Dec 9 04:26:02 EST 2004

Name:  Esther Maclin

Living in:  Israel

Age: 43

What I do when not playing here:  Chaotic home management, accounting for
spouse's business

Married/partnered/?:  Yes

Offspring (human variety):  Eight (aged 3 to 15), do I win a prize for
quantity?  (I refuse to brag about the quality.)

Offspring (non-human):  Cocoa, an 11-year old mutt we found as a small pup.
He considers me his mother, but I refuse to be a parent to someone older than
me.

First DWJ/when: I bought three books at a used book sale back in 1978, MofC,
Pof3, and Dogsbody.  I think I read Dogsbody first.

Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!):  Lots of them, Fire and
Hemlock, Archer's Goon, Howl's Moving Castle, Deep Secret, Derkholm books,
Dalemark books... most of them!

Least favourite DWJ:  The short story about the wolves.  Please someone who
likes it try to show me what I'm clearly missing!!

Other favourite authors/books:  Too many to get really into, but some of the
most re-read are L.M. Montgomery, Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer, Early Autumn
by Robert Parker, early Robin McKinley, Josephine Tey, Anthony Trollope, C.S.
Lewis children's (except the first and last books), a few select Warwick
Deeping books, Dave Barry, Miss Manners ...

Music: Old time rock and roll, Jim Croce, Bob Seeger, some Elvis (the King,
not Costello), Tehillim (Psalms) set to music, Israeli songs from the sixties,
Yehoram Gaon..

Currently reading: Unknown Ajax, Agnes Grey

Movies:  The Court Jester, His Girl Friday, Casablanca, Me and the Colonel,
Groundhog Day, Grease, Fiddler on the Roof, Salah Shabati, Ushpizin, It's a
Wonderful Life...

After exposing my taste like this, I feel compelled to add a

Favorite quote:  "Despise me if you dare."