Blank Intro "form"

Laurel Lamme lalamme at gru.net
Thu Dec 9 03:19:31 EST 2004

Name: Laurel

Living in: Gainesville, Florida

Age: 28

What I do when not playing here: Work as a petsitter, accompanist, and church music director

Married/partnered/?: I have a wonderful boyfriend to whom I am introducing DWJ's oeuvre.

Offspring (human variety): No

Offspring (non-human): Several cats

First DWJ/when: I think it may have been Dogsbody or Charmed Life.

Favourite DWJ: Fire and Hemlock, Dogsbody, Lives of Christopher Chant

Least favourite DWJ: A Sudden Wild Magic, Dark Lord of Derkholm

Other favourite authors/books: Connie Willis, Lois McMaster Bujold, Octavia Butler, Ursula K. LeGuin, Patricia McKillip, Nicola Griffith, Emma Bull, Nevada Barr, Joanna Russ, Tim Powers, Neil Gaiman, too many others to count.

Music: I listen to everything.  I am particularly fond of ragtime, classic show tunes, modern folk, and popular music from the 30s and 40s.  Scott Joplin, Bach, Debussy, Chopin, Cole Porter, Sousa, Angelique Kidjo, Indigo Girls, Kanno Yoko, and so forth.

Currently reading: Dogland, Tooth and Claw, Tale of Genji, Birds, Beasts, and Relatives, Perdido Street Station, one of the Aubrey/Maturins but I can't remember which one, Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse

Currently practicing, which is as important to me as currently reading: "Shepherds Loud Their Praises Singing", "Mary Did you Know", "Mary Rock-A Your Baby", "Be Peace on Earth", various Bach fugues and "Lord, I sing your name", "In Dulci Jubilo", a Faure nocturne, something by Purcell, "Alexander's Ragtime Band"

Favourite movies: Can't think of any

Favourite TV: Inuyasha, X-files, Cowboy Bebop

What I want for Christmas: A full turnout in the church choir.  Jeff Smith's complete "Bone".  Bujold's "Paladin of Souls".  I'm also desperately looking for a score for "Godspell" since I'm doing it next year and the unreasonable license-holders will only send out the score six weeks before performance date.  Don't suppose anyone on list has one I could borrow?