Dratted vampires (was Re: Roger's Intro)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Dec 8 20:10:29 EST 2004

> You could have tried "Is there anything even remotely vampirical or
> vampiroid or whatever the word ought to be in DWJ's work?" and got us
> started on whether leaning on someone else the way Nick in *Deep Secret* or
> Grundo in *The Merlin Conspiracy* does, or Gwendoline in *Charmed Life*, is
> in some way related, a sort of psychic vampirism.

Hm.. What about Gwendolen? She's probably the closest, that I can think
of. But she's really more in a different folk tradition, the stealing of
someone's *power*, not life, even though it's Cat's lives she's playing
with.

-- J. who finds vampires generally boring and adolescent generally,
and is Deeply Disturbed that Robin McKinley felt the need to write about them

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"I don't get the facts wrong.  It's everything else I screw up."
    -- _The Librarian: Quest for the Spear_