Blank Intro "form"

Tarja Rainio tarja.rainio at welho.com
Wed Dec 8 13:18:50 EST 2004

Name: Tarja Rainio

Living in: Helsinki, Finland

Age: 35

What I do when not playing here: Work in a boring unregular job, should be
writing my MA, do occasional YA reviews for a local publisher (and get to
occasionally read good books well in advance of their official publishing
date, like DWJ's Conrad's Fate :)).

Married/partnered/?: Nope, I'm single.

Offspring (human variety): None.

Offspring (non-human): None.

First DWJ/when: Charmed Life when I was about 11 or 12.

Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!): Hexwood, Chestomanci books,
Dalemark books.

Least favourite DWJ: A Sudden Wild Magic, I really should reread it.

Other favourite authors/books: Lois McMaster Bujold, Martha Wells, Garth
Nix, Patricia C. Wrede, Sean Stewart, P. C. Hodgell, Tolkien, Megan Whalen
Turner, Dorothy Dunnett (Lymond books, never got through the Niccolo
series), Dorothy L. Sayers, Jane Austen, Julia Quinn, Stephanie Evanovich,
Laurie R. King (esp. her Mary Russell books), J. D. Robb

Music: I listen to almost anything, but currently my favourite music is
mostly Hindi songs from Bollywood films. Other favourites: Metallica, Rob
Zombie, Abba, Garbage, Evanescence, Seal, Neljä ruusua, Ultra Bra (the last
two are Finnish groups), old soul, 80s pop hits.

Currently reading: The Grand Tour by Wrede & Stevermer, Pentamerone by
Basile, Mantor by Karolina Bjällerstedt-Mickos (Swedish fantasy) and Night's
Edge (a collection of romantic suspence stories).

Favourite movies: Star Wars trilogy (the original ones), Die Hard, While You
Were Sleeping, Princess Bride, Singin' in the Rain, Amelie, Bend It Like
Beckham, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Ek Hasina Thi, My Neighbor
Totoro, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, Shrek, Toy Story 1&2, etc. etc.

Favourite TV: Buffy, Angel, Farscape, Gilmore Girls, Alias, CSI, Stargate
SG1, Spooks, British detective series, Cowboy Bebop (though I saw it from
dvd)