A Tossed Salad of Replies...

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Wed Dec 8 09:10:48 EST 2004

Roger wrote:

>Something I have found a lot of readers of Tim Powers to state
>independently is that the first book of his they read is the one they
>enjoy going back to most. For me, that's _The Anubis Gates_.

I wasn't that polite when he asked me.  What I said was that the only one I
had finished was the first one I read, not that I enjoy going back to it.
*The Drawing of the Dark*.  It reminded me somewhat of a comic that was
around at the time with a similar theme (Arthur doesn't realise he has come
back).

I doubt I'd bother to re-read it now, either, though I think it's somewhere
in the house.

Minnow