Blank Intro "form"

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Wed Dec 8 08:35:34 EST 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 7:22 AM, Irina Rempt wrote:

> On Wednesday 08 December 2004 05:09, Kyra Jucovy wrote:
>> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Kyra Jucovy wrote:
>>> I love intros!
>>
>> Tragically, I left a couple of key things off the first time I wrote
>> this, and have been feeling guilty ever since I realized, so I'm just
>> going to add:
>
> Me too! I left out a large and important chunk of my life (blame it on
> the cold that makes it impossible to even *think* of singing): the
> church choir, where I'm usually half, occasionally the whole of the
> alto section. And all the other volunteer work for the church,
> including trying to run a children's choir so there will be fresh blood
> when the current singers collapse from old age.

As Connie Willis said: "It is my belief that everything you need to
know about the world can be learned in a church choir."

Even if I didn't love her writing, that one comment would be enough to
endear her to me forever.

widdy

Blessed Cecelia, appear in visions
To all musicians, appear and inspire:
Translated Daughter, come down and startle
Composing mortals with immortal fire.
W. H. Auden

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net