Blank Intro "form"

Allison Marles apm at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Dec 7 18:42:19 EST 2004

> Name:

Allison

> Living in:

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

> Age:

24

> What I do when not playing here:

work:
Web Development

fun:
cooking, drawing, photography, reading

> Married/partnered/?:

been with my s.o. for 6 years.

> Offspring (human variety):

none

> Offspring (non-human):

none, but I'm consistently tempted by cats, even though I suspect
I am probably slightly allergic.

> First DWJ/when:

The Ogre Downstairs, read to me by my sister when I was about 7.

> Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!):

This is too hard, so I usually just say The Ogre Downstairs as
I love it and it was the first one I read.  However, I also love
the following six in no particular order: Deep Secret, The Year of the
Griffin, A Sudden Wild Magic, The Lives of Christopher Chant, Howl's
Moving Castle, and Power of Three.

> Least favourite DWJ:

Hexwood.  Although I've been meaning to re-read it as it seems to
be a favourite of a number of people on the list.

> Other favourite authors/books:

authors:
Robin McKinley, Georgette Heyer, O.R. Melling, L.M. Montgomery,
Douglas Adams

books:
Snow Crash and The Diamond Age by Neal Stephensen
The Changeover by Margaret Mahy
Good Omens by Terry Pratchett/Neil Gaiman
Microserfs and Shampoo Planet by Douglas Coupland
What-A-Mess and the Cat Next Door by Frank Muir

comics:
Rupert (the Alfred Bestall years)
Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson
For Better or For Worse by Lynn Johnson
Asterix & Obelix by Gosciny and Uderzo

> Music:

genres:
Classical, Jazz, Electronica.

artists:
Glenn Gould, YoYo Ma, The Jacques Loussier Trio, Loreena McKennitt,
Fluke, Underworld, Orbital

composers:
Bach, Dvorak, Eric Satie

> Currently reading:

 False Colours by Georgette Heyer
 Changeover by DWJ
 The Design of Everyday Things by Donald Norman