Blank Intro "form"

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Tue Dec 7 18:12:46 EST 2004

Here it is. I've actually added a couple, sorry.

Name: Ian Widdifield Riddell, hence Widdy

Living in: Madison, WI. We've lived here since 2002, and before that in
Pennsylvania. We're both ex-pat Canadians who grew up in Eastern
Ontario and migrated to Victoria, British Columbia, before moving south
of the border.

Age: 36

What I do when not playing here: I'm the Director of Music Ministry at
James Reeb Unitarian Universalist Congregation, the Artistic Director
of Perfect Harmony Men's Chorus, and I work for Penn State's World
Campus (distance education) as an Instructional Designer.

Married/partnered/?: Very. I've been with Mark, a geography professor
here at the University of Wisconsin, for 14 1/2 years now.

Offspring (human variety): None of our own, but I've got a cute, impish
nephew and a stunning, impish god-daughter who I spoil horribly

Offspring (non-human): Unfortunately, no. The adult onset of allergies
has put a stop to that.

First DWJ/when: _Dogsbody_ in 1995. And then no more, sadly, until I
picked up _Hexwood_ and got hooked in 1999.

Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!): _Hexwood_, _Eight Days
of Luke_

Least favourite DWJ: hmmm. _Stopping for a Spell_ (is that cheating?)

Other favourite authors/books: Authors: Ursula K. LeGuin, Neil Gaiman,
Lois McMaster Bujold, Timothy Findley, Connie Willis, Philip Pullman,
Guy Gavriel Kay, Greg Rucka, Mark Waid, Geoff Johns, George R. R.
Martin, Dr. Seuss, James Wicox, Steven Brust, and I just discovered
Lawrence Block. Books separate from those authors: _To Kill a
Mockingbird_, _Harriet the Spy_, _Maurice_, _Enduring Love_, _The
Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay_.

Music: very eclectic. "Classical": Bach, Britten, Brahms, Byrd,
Tavener, Taverner, and a heck of a lot of choral music.
"non-Classical": The Magnetic Fields, They Might be Giants, k d lang,
Annie Lennox, Dolly Parton, Emmylou Harris, Rufus Wainwright, Barenaked
Ladies, Men without Hats, Flanders and Swann, _The Music Man_, _Sweeney
Todd_, so much music, so little time.

Favourite movies: To Kill a Mockingbird, The Manchurian Candidate, The
Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Alien, Aliens, Memento, Rear Window, Waiting
for Guffman, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Best in Show, Spellbound, Silence of
the Lambs, Panic Room, The Music Man, Victor Victoria . . .

Favourite TV: The Simpsons, Star Trek: The Next Generation, The West
Wing, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, X-Files, Monty Python, The Kids in the
Hall

Currently reading: Just finished "Sins of the Father" by Lawrence
Block, Chabon _The Final Solution_, Leavitt _The Body of Jonah Boyd_,
_The Middle Mind: Why Americans Can't think for Themselves_, Bujold
_Mirror Dance_

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with
the universe.
Dr. Beverly Crusher

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net

Blessed Cecelia, appear in visions
To all musicians, appear and inspire:
Translated Daughter, come down and startle
Composing mortals with immortal fire.
W. H. Auden

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net