Blank Intro "form"

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Dec 7 16:49:36 EST 2004

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 22:19, Ian Riddell wrote:

> Name:

Irina (among other things; not the name I was christened with but the
one I've been using for more than half my life now, definitely not a
handle)

> Living in:

Deventer, the Netherlands

> Age:

46

> What I do when not playing here:

Take care of daughters, write novels (as yet unpublished), make web
pages, do occasional free-lance translation and web design work

> Married/partnered/?:

Happily married, 11 1/2 years by now.

> Offspring (human variety):

Three, all female, one almost eleven and nine-year-old twins.

> Offspring (non-human):

None any more; we've had to relocate the cats because of husband's
asthma.

> First DWJ/when:

Either _The Spellcoats_ or _Cart and Cwidder_, in a bad Dutch
translation, early teens.

> Favourite DWJ (Why am I doing this to myself?!):

Hmm. Depending on mood and other circumstances, mostly _Deep Secret_ and
occasionally _Fire and Hemlock_.

> Least favourite DWJ:

_Dogsbody_ and _Drowned Ammet_ ex aequo.

> Other favourite authors/books:

Caroline Stevermer, Dorothy Sayers (notably _Gaudy Night_), Dorothy
Heydt aka Katherine Blake.

Guilty pleasure: the Deryni books, but nothing else by Katherine Kurtz.

> Music:

Folk, really old jazz and blues, boogie woogie, almost anything from
before 1600.

> Currently reading:

_Winter on the Plain of Ghosts_ by Eileen Kernighan (recent discovery);
_The Grand Tour_ once again; _Publish and be murdered_ by Ruth Dudley
Edwards, _Keeping Secrets_ by Sue Gee. Yes, I usually read three or
four books at once. Oh, and a collection of essays about the future of
the Dutch language.

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 30-Nov-2004