Australia's favorite books (was OT: Tad Williams and Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn)

Jon Noble jon_p_noble at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 16:42:20 EST 2004

I found the book a quick, and OK read. I couldn't work
out just how tongue-in-cheek the whole thing was
supposed to be. There were bits of the plot that
seemed to be straight out of Shea and Wilson's
Illuminatus books of the '70s (but not as convincing).
I also thought that Harry Harrison had much more fun
with the Jesus+Mary south of France thing.

Jon

http://itre.cis.upenn.edu/~myl/languagelog/archives/000844.html