wiki

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Dec 6 11:45:49 EST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Allison Marles wrote:
|The other thing which would help and wouldn't be quite so drastic is to
|set the wiki to only allow edits by logged in users. Is this possible ?
|I've only ever seen one spammer who made a login (Aaaa or something like
|that) so it might be worth seeing if this solved most of our problems,
|assuming it's easy to set this up.

I can't see to do that in our software, but there's a few suggestions
here:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog_spam
  http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2004/10/13/Wiki-Spam-Throttle

I might end up switching the wiki software.  Yet another thing to do in
December break.

-deborah
--
"I'm a citizen, this is my president, and in this country it is
not only permissible to question our leaders, it is our