hello, and Re: Lots of lovely royalties

ROSLYN rosgross at bigpond.net.au
Sun Dec 5 22:05:10 EST 2004

Hi, Mark, and welcome! I've only relatively recently discovered Bujold and
am hooked already.

As far as recommendations for SF/fantasy for your niece, a few come
immediately to mind: Margaret Mahy, especially _Changeover_ (or is it _The
Changeover_?); (Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy; Jonathan
Stroud's _The Amulet of Samarkand_ and _The Eye of the Golem_ ; William
Nicholson's 'The Wind on Fire' trilogy; Megan Whalen Turner's _The Thief_
and _The Queen of Attolia_;  Catherine Fisher's _The Oracle_ and _The
Archon_...that's all I can think of on the top of my head but people have
mentioned a lot more here, if only I could remember...

Ros