OT: Tad Williams and Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn

Ian Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Sat Dec 4 22:46:45 EST 2004

Hi,

A question for any who've read Tad Williams's "Memory, Sorrow, and
Thorn" trilogy. I'm almost finished with the first book, "The
Dragonbone Chair", and I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice about
whether it's worth pushing through and finishing it and going on to the
next book in the series. It's an ok read, but it's not thrilling me
deeply, and I'd like to know if there's an unexpected payoff or
something unique that comes later that's worth working for. Or should I
just put it down and move on to the next thing on my very big
to-be-read pile.

I really loved Williams's "Otherland" series. So I thought I'd try this
one. It's not grabbing me enough to immediately run out and buy
everything I can find of his.

Thanks for the input. (Not that I need anyone's permission to put the
book down, I just want to know if I'll be missing something special if
I do)

widdy

Blessed Cecelia, appear in visions
To all musicians, appear and inspire:
Translated Daughter, come down and startle
Composing mortals with immortal fire.
W. H. Auden

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net