hello, and Re: Lots of lovely royalties

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Sat Dec 4 05:56:33 EST 2004

Ven wrote:
>Hi Mark and welcome. I like Bujold too.

Likewise, Hi Mark!

So do I.

><I notice many of you use "handles", rather than
>your real names, e.g.,
>Dorian E. Gray.  Is this something I should
>imitate?>

>Weeeeell you should be aware that some names that
>look like "handles" are "real" names and some
>that look "real" are "handles".......... Mine for
>instance is closer to my "real" name than the one
>on my bank statements and neither are the one on
>my birth certificate ;-).

The name I use here is on my passport and driving
licence, Mark; it's not entirely usual, I agree,
but it isn't a "handle" as such.  Just as "Mark"
presumably is one of the names on your documents,
since you're wondering whether to use a handle
or not.

I blame Rosemary Sutcliff and my elder brother
for my having a slightly unexpected monicker.

Cheers,

Minnow