looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

minnow at belfry.org.uk minnow at belfry.org.uk
Tue Aug 31 12:07:41 EDT 2004

I wrote of the song "Bonnie and Clyde"

>> I have blanked on who did it, and have a nasty feeling it may have been
>> someone I probably ought to be ashamed of having listened to.  Possibly Tom
>> Jones.  Or Englebert Humperdinck.  Aargh.

and Jennifer replied

>I think Tom Jones is cool again.
>Helpfully, (<g>)

which led me to go and ask the Junior Fashion Consultant on the premises,
who said "Oh, Tom Jones rules!  I won't hear a word against him!"

I don't know whether this is Deeply Worrying or Really Encouraging.  :-)

Apparently it was Alan Price (possibly "and the Tea Set"?) who recorded
"Bonnie and Clyde", anyhow, so I shan't worry.

Minnow (what me? displacement activity? no-o-o-o-o-o-o-oh)