AW: looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

Belben Philip Philip.Belben at eon-engineering.com
Tue Aug 31 10:07:14 EDT 2004

Deborah asked:

> there's a theme mix I've been wanting to make, but I can think of so few
> songs which might fit on it.  So far I've got:
>
> Piper at the Gates of Dawn -- Pink Floyd
> Prince Caspian -- Phish
> Wind in the Willows -- Van Morrison
>
> You see the theme, I hope?  Popular songs (as opposed to explicitly
> children's songs) about children's literature.  But I'm stuck there,
> with two _Wind in the Willows_ songs and one Narnia song (which is really
> about _Voyage of the Dawn Treader_, not _Prince Caspian_).

Popular songs are not really my field, but has anyone mentioned "Bright
Eyes" yet?

I did have a strong feeling of "D'oh!" when Charlie mentioned "Wuthering
Heights", though.  Kate Bush being such a strong influence on my own
compositions, and all...

Philip (Delighted to be able to post again - thanks Deborah!)