looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

Laurel lalamme at gru.net
Mon Aug 30 13:53:53 EDT 2004

Well, the incredibly funny "Book Report" (on Peter Rabbit) from the
musical "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" jumps to mind, probably
because I'm working on the musical at the moment. It's not really a
popular song, but definitely not a children's song either. If you
allowed show tunes, most of the musical "The Secret Garden" would also
apply.

deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:

there's a theme mix I've been wanting to make, but I can think of so few
songs which might fit on it.  So far I've got:

Piper at the Gates of Dawn -- Pink Floyd
Prince Caspian -- Phish
Wind in the Willows -- Van Morrison

You see the theme, I hope?  Popular songs (as opposed to explicitly
children's songs) about children's literature.  But I'm stuck there,
with two _Wind in the Willows_ songs and one Narnia song (which is
really about _Voyage of the Dawn Treader_, not _Prince Caspian_).