looking for songs (vaguely on topic, really)

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Aug 30 12:14:37 EDT 2004

there's a theme mix I've been wanting to make, but I can think of so few
songs which might fit on it.  So far I've got:

Piper at the Gates of Dawn -- Pink Floyd
Prince Caspian -- Phish
Wind in the Willows -- Van Morrison

You see the theme, I hope?  Popular songs (as opposed to explicitly
children's songs) about children's literature.  But I'm stuck there,
with two _Wind in the Willows_ songs and one Narnia song (which is
really about _Voyage of the Dawn Treader_, not _Prince Caspian_).

If I expand to include adult literature, I come up with

Calypso -- Suzanne Vega (The Odyssey)
Mrs. Robinson -- Simon and Garfunkel (The Graduate, and I think it is
pushing it to use a song specifically written for the film version of a
novel)

and then I get stuck.

You people are full of wonderful bits of literary trivia.  Has anyone
got any help for me?

-deborah