Angela Thirkell and Mixolydians

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Sat Aug 28 16:34:01 EDT 2004

> Embedded within these books are a number of obscure jokes, including
> references to people playing Mixolydian etudes on some kind of flute...

weak on music theory here, but why couldn't you write a piece in
Mixolydian mode for flute? (but then I can't figure out how you would be
able to tell Mixolydian G major from regular C major. Ok, ok, I already
admitted I'm shaky on music theory.)

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

To say what you want to say you must create another language and nourish it for years and years with what you have loved, with what you have lost, with what you will never find again.

-George Seferis