Angela Thirkell and Mixolydians

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Sat Aug 28 16:26:07 EDT 2004

On Sat, Aug 28, 2004 at 02:45:10PM -0400, Devra at aol.com wrote:
>Debra Doyle and James MacDonald have a series (slightly Star Wars with the
>serial numbers filed off, bless them) called 'Mageworlds'.

The Price of the Stars
Starpilot's Grave
By Honor Betray'd
The Gathering Flame
The Long Hunt
The Stars Asunder
A Working of Stars

The first three form the principal story; the fourth is a prequel; fifth
is a sequel; sixth is an even-further-prequel; I haven't been able to
find a paperback _Working of Stars_ yet (and I don't buy hardbacks at
all). I'd recommend reading the first three first, and don't be put off
by the apparent Star-Wars-ness of the universe... alas, I can't really
explain why without giving away Major Plot Points.

Roger