Merlin Conspiracy

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 26 17:05:18 EDT 2004

> >>ambition, someone murmurs "Off you go!" to Nick, who promptly finds
> >>himself in another world.
> >
> >Hm... there's an unanswered question there. Is it, in fact, that Nick
> >merely overstepped into another world... or did someone send him there?
> >I'm confused about that part.
>
> It's ok, that gets answered.  When they go to rescue the missing persons
> in Chapter 11 and meet Joel, he says to Nick, "I sent you off from
> London on Earth just before we brought the Merlin here.  Why aren't you
> dead?  Why are you here?" and Nick thinks, "So that's how it was."  He
> was being used as a carrier for the plague, to kill Romanov.  (nice boys
> Joel and Japheth were!)

Oh! That makes sense! I was wondering what he was referring to.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"