Merlin Conspiracy

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Aug 26 12:06:31 EDT 2004

 > Meanwhile, Nick Mallory is reluctantly attending a detective writers'
>convention with his dad. Tom Mallory wants to meet his favourite
>author, Maxwell Hyde, but just as he's on the point of achieving this
>ambition, someone murmurs "Off you go!" to Nick, who promptly finds
>himself in another world.

Hm... there's an unanswered question there. Is it, in fact, that Nick
merely overstepped into another world... or did someone send him there?
I'm confused about that part.

 > A few points - I'd love to have learned more about the panther, Gwyn
 and Maxwell Hyde, Mini and Helga and even Romanov. There were hints
 about all these characters' backstories and origins that I wish I could
 have followed up.

Yes, how did Mini turn out to be a world-traveller, anyway?

And has everyone else noticed that males in DWJ's adult and young adult
books are getting to be more and more finely craftedly jerks who more
or less mean well but can't be bothered unless you put a branch of thorn
under their metaphorical couch?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"