Riddle-master trilogy was Re: Tolkien (was Re: Who invented the modern fantasy genre?)

Wed Aug 25 16:45:28 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:20:54 +0100, Charles Butler wrote:

>Melissa:
>
>> I still do, but the stress of having three children at three different
>> educational levels started to become a problem last spring.  So we've
>> decided to keep two at home, send one to the local elementary school, and
>> another to a private school.
>
>I realize this is getting plain nosy, but just how many children do you
>have - 3 or 4 (or neither of the above)?

Bah, if I didn't expect nosiness I would keep silent.

I have four children: my ten-year-old daughter who is homeschooled, an
eight-year-old daughter in private school, a six-year-old son in public
school, and a four-year-old daughter at home (nominally in preschool).  Last
year the three oldest were all being taught by me at home; I didn't count
the youngest because she's not really in school yet.  It was that mix of
ages that made it too difficult for me--that and the frustration of keeping
one child on track while instructing another.

The oldest, who is reading this over my shoulder (hoping that I will stop
typing and play Age of Empires with her), likes to be at home; the other two
are more social.  I do like homeschooling, but I've had to adapt to keep
myself sane.

Melissa Proffitt
(whose child thinks that her mother is not, in fact, sane, because of all
the goofy jokes and wordplays she uses)