Tolkien (was Re: Who invented the modern fantasy genre?)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 25 16:46:46 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 21:33, Dorian E. Gray wrote:

[Raederle]

> Well, I would pronounce it "RAYD-er-luh" (first syllable having the
> stress and being like a bank raid, second syllable a schwa really,
> pronouncing the E at the end because I speak German :-) ).

Yes, me too, or possibly with the vowel of "bear" in the first syllable.
Which promptly produces a Berlin accent when I say it aloud (a bat is
"Flaedermaus" in the house idiolect because I used to watch German TV
as a child).

   Irina

http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi        Latest: 14-Jun-2004