Thirkeoo (was Tolkien (was Re: Who invented the modern fantasy genre?))

Margaret Ball margaret at onr.com
Wed Aug 25 13:08:17 EDT 2004

>I lifted her wonderfully-named "Ministry for General Interference,
>Department of Red Tape and Sealing-Wax" wholesale once for something I was
>writing.  It seems to me to sum up everything that is wrong with
>bureaucracy, that organisation's title.

Did anybody ever notice?

I worked the Mixo-Lydians and Slavo-Lydians into a short story for an
anthology. So far nobody's commented on it.

--
Margaret Ball
http://www.flameweaver.com

To say what you want to say you must create another language and nourish it for years and years with what you have loved, with what you have lost, with what you will never find again.

-George Seferis