Tolkien (was Re: Who invented the modern fantasy genre?)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Wed Aug 25 11:57:23 EDT 2004

> Mmm, boiling oil...though I wouldn't want to chance getting my own fingers
> burned with all the thrashing.
>
> Is it just me, or does anyone else want onion rings right now?

Hm... Now you've got me wanting real onion rings. Damn. (Of course it
doesn't help that NPR had a story on diesel cars running on used fryer
oil.... so now the cooking list I'm on is discussing that.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"