Tolkien (was Re: Who invented the modern fantasy genre?)

Wed Aug 25 11:43:48 EDT 2004

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 12:30:15 +0100, minnow at belfry.org.uk wrote:

>Jon wrote:
>
>>However Brooks was the first to write what can only be
>>described as a complete Tolkien rip-off, and to show
>>that this could make you very rich. And here we all
>>are discussing the best way to kill him.
>>
>>Jon (who thinks boiling in oil might do  the trick)
>
>"Something lingering with boiling oil in it", then?
>
>Is that hands-on and personal enough, Melissa?  One
>might have to hold him down whilst the oil heated up.

Mmm, boiling oil...though I wouldn't want to chance getting my own fingers
burned with all the thrashing.

Is it just me, or does anyone else want onion rings right now?

Melissa Proffitt
(I promise I'm not that gruesome, I just haven't had breakfast yet)
(Not that I ever eat deep-fried foods for breakfast)