ethics 4 sale

Tue Aug 24 20:09:08 EDT 2004

On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:41:28 +0100 (BST), Tanaqui Weaver wrote:

>> > Can you even get nitrous capsules in Utah?
>
>> I'm not even going to ask what the results of partaking of those wee
>> beasties might be.  This is the first I've heard of them.
>
>um, the usual consequences of playing with nitrous oxide. You'll not have
>read Neal Stephenson's _Zodiac_, then?

Not yet.  I mean, I know what nitrous oxide is, it's just the idea of having
little capsules on hand that I'm surprised at.  I think it would be fun.

>This "laughing gas" used to be used by dentists, and besides its immediate
>effect is a longer-term antidepressant.

They used it on me when I had my wisdom teeth out.  I was laughing like a
fool over the stupid T-shirt I was wearing.  Blast the nurses for setting me
off!
>***
>
>It's nice to know that I might be able to replace my cane (which was stolen
>about a year ago).

Bummer!  We must definitely rectify that.  Talk to me privately.
>***
>
>I didn't know that there were Survivalist Mormom chapters.

We mock them mercilessly and are also grateful they exist, so that SOMEONE
can be more fundamentalist than we are.  :)  Many of them are also
practicing polygamists, which is slightly less funny.  Utah is a very odd
place.

>> of weapons in their house.  One year they each gave each other weapons as an
>> anniversary present, by coincidence.  We wonder about the state of their
>> marriage.  :)
>
>My beloved cane went with me to every wedding I attended. I usually dress in
>comfortable/shabby clothes, and you can't get away with a scary stick with
>them (also, where would I put it while cycling?).

I've been observing old people with canes (not that you are old, just that
most people I see with canes are) and deciding that when I get to that
stage, and you and I are in the nursing home together, I will have to have
something much cooler than the average miniature shepherd's crook.  Maybe a
Gandalf staff, though that might be impractical for anything but tripping
people.

Melissa Proffitt