Who invented the modern fantasy genre?

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 24 15:38:20 EDT 2004

Charlie castigated himself

<Let's? Let's? Aagh! I opened a portal to Abred
and let the Dark
Greengrocer's Apostrophe onto the list! This will

take many years and much
island-hopping to expiate...>

"Greengrocer's Apostrophe" Charlie? I would have
said "Greengrocers'". Or is there just the one,
with a Father Christma's like ability to be
everywhere at once,  who began by chalking his
dastardly apostrophe's' on the boards of haples's
tradesmen and now haunt's newspaper's, internet
lists' and indeed anywhere that the letter "s"
may be found?

=====
Ven