Mice was Re: Onions (was Re: DWJ birthday card(s))

Ven vendersleighc at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 18:20:11 EDT 2004

Charlie quoted Dwj from the jacket of Wilkin's
Tooth

"I am now married to an Oxford don and have
three sons, who carry on the
tradition. I met one the other day in a broom
cupboard, sitting very still
in order to supplement his income by catching
mice to sell. This scheme too
was a failure."

I must have read this blurb on the library copy
of WT. This bit reminds me of Elda in YOG
being in trouble for catching mice -- expressing
both the cat and the raptor genes I would guess.
My horrible little Camcat has  brought live mice
into the house two nights running, I rescued them
both and, as I haven't seen her all night,  I am
expecting another at any moment. She's the type
of cat that lets them go so they will run about a
bit but Cam isn't the brightest of cats so while
she was searching for last night's mousie under
the computer console it was hiding in a fold of
carpet right under her tail.  I do wish the
little horror would stick to moths and save me
from the leave her to it/rescue the mouse
dilemma, the two so far looked ok but I worry
I've just made it worse for them...........

=====
Ven