Onions (was Re: DWJ birthday card(s))

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Aug 22 16:55:30 EDT 2004

> Actually, you could argue that the Odyssey is *the* great poem of
> displacement activity. If Homer had called it 'On not getting round to going
> to Ithaca yet' this would be clearer...

Yes, Ulysses is rather a slitherer-outer, isn't he?

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"