Onions (was Re: DWJ birthday card(s))

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Sun Aug 22 10:38:33 EDT 2004

> >*The memory, not the shipwreck (or the onion, come to that)
>
> I like the idea of an onion jumping up and down and tugging at the sleeve
> of your brain.  In the section labelled "produce", rather than the section
> labelled "shirts", presumably.

Hm.... like the Shadoweating turnips in Sheri Tepper's world of the True
Game. (Gah. I just found a page in which Tepper claims that she stopped
writing little paperbacks -- presumably like True Game-- because her
publishers didn't want to publish them any more. GAHHH!!! Snarky Stupid
Literary Snobs kill another good writer! GAHHH! oh. Sorry.)

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
"If the injustice ... is of such a nature that it requires you to be the
agent of injustice to another, then I say, break the law. Let your life be a
counter-friction to stop the machine. What I have to do is to see, at
any rate, that I do not lend myself to the wrong, which I condemn."
-- Thoreau, "Resistance to Civil Government"