Psst, wanna buy an ethical conundrum? (was Re: Conrad's Fate)

Fri Aug 20 19:38:59 EDT 2004

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:42:41 +0100 (BST), Tanaqui Weaver wrote:

>> Yes please.  What can I send you in return?
>
>Alas, I am not very keen on any American comestibles (unless you count nitrous
>capsules - we only have grey-cylinder CO2 in this country... no green cylinders
>o'fun). Can you even get nitrous capsules in Utah?

I'm not even going to ask what the results of partaking of those wee
beasties might be.  This is the first I've heard of them.

>Assuming that you have no ethical qualms about it, I'm very keen on
>http://www.yourbestdeals.net/Sword_Cane_Indian_PROMO_Black_p/111111.htm
>(cheap, very cheap, but they won't ship to the UK even if offered double the
>price)
>It's a bit more costly than some pickle, so I could send a few dollar notes.

Maybe you can put the excess to my credit for later.  I think we could work
something out.  I have no ethical qualms about weaponry unless the purchase
is illegal, and then I might just not want to get caught.

>I don't know. Asking Mormons for intoxicants or weaponry. Am I an idiot?

Intoxicants, possibly, but we are very big on personal protection.  Some
Mormons in the state believe that someday they will have to defend
themselves and their year's supply of food against, I don't know, the United
Nations or Communists or something, and have armed themselves accordingly.
On a more rational note, my gaming friends (also Mormon) have a fair number
of weapons in their house.  One year they each gave each other weapons as an
anniversary present, by coincidence.  We wonder about the state of their
marriage.  :)  I also know a blacksmith who I believe could make literally
anything you asked for, provided it caught her fancy and she had the right
materials.  Her Halloween costumes are the stuff of legend.

Besides, you wouldn't want to rely on me for intoxicants.  I can't even
change a coffee filter without a diagram and a team of sherpas.

Melissa Proffitt
not yet a jack-Mormon, but who knows?