Who invented the modern fantasy genre?

Dorian E. Gray israfel at eircom.net
Fri Aug 20 15:07:33 EDT 2004

Otter said...

> I also detest Thomas Covenant.  I've been told that his later work is
> better, but I can't bring myself to read any more Donaldson.

Weeeeeelllllll...

I read one of his others..."The Mirror of Her Dreams", I think.  It was not
as foul (pun intended) as TC, but it drove me up the walls because it was
based on a very cool idea, but he didn't do what I wanted him to do with
that idea.  And I couldn't read the book because I kept screaming "no, no,
that's not what you should be doing in this story, you idiot!"

Dorian.