second hand books (was Hardback Hexwood (UK edition))

Ika blake at gaudaprime.co.uk
Fri Aug 20 05:59:18 EDT 2004

Melissa wrote:

> more of my budget these days is going toward excellent books to give away
> others.

I always have a dilemma when I see DWJ books in charity shops* over
whether to buy them, so as to have a spare copy when/if I meet someone in
need of that particular book, or whether to leave them there because I
like to think of someone coming across it at random and having their life
transformed. Do you have a stash of excellent books to give away as and
when the opportunity arises, Melissa, or is your buying more targeted than
that?

Love, Ika

*though that isn't *all* that common, possibly because they're less
disposable than the Babysitters Club ones that show up a lot and more
readable than the Children's Classics (for some reason there is a copy of
Lorna Doone in every single one of the charity shops within walking
distance of me) that *also* show up a lot...
--
'Has Mother Earth become humanity's phantom limb?'
- Paul Virilio