my kidlit course

Katarina Hjärpe head_overheels at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 19 05:02:35 EDT 2004

Right off the top of my head, monsters:

The Witches by Roald Dahl
Coraline by Neil Gaiman (if they can take it)
The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson (raises the question of who the real
monsters are)

fantastic animals:

The Moomin series by Tove Jansson (I know they've already been mentioned,
but they're *great*)
The Dragon with Red Eyes by Astrid Lindgren
The Unicorn in the Garden by James Thurber
Minnie by Annie M.G. Schmidt (if it counts - it's about a cat turning human)

school:

am currently at loss concerning titles, but in some of the Anne of Green
Gables sequels, Anne works as a teacher, which would give a chance for the
kids to look at school from a new perspective

...if I think of anything else, I'll let you know!

Katta