Jasper Fforde

Emma Comerford emmaco at tpg.com.au
Wed Aug 18 20:33:55 EDT 2004

Quoting Melissa Proffitt <Melissa at Proffitt.com>:

> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:30:45 -0600, Otter Perry wrote:
>

> >On Friday, August 13, 2004, at 05:11 PM, Ven wrote:
> >
> >> Melissa mentioned JFf as a British author she
> >> orders from Amazon.
> >
> >Infinitesimal correction department:  I'm the one who gets
> >Mr. fforde from Amazon.co.uk.
> >
> >Melissa hasn't ordered from A.co.uk yet, but is clearly
> >going to be doing so.
> >
> I do order from them, but so far only Terry Pratchett.  They're the ones who
> keep stiffing me on the deep discount they offer just before publication.
> *I* think, if I'm willing to show my support by placing a preorder five
> months before release, I should get whatever discount they finally sell it
> at.  But they've told me that they only change the price for you if they
> offer a better price within a month of when you place the order.  So I've
> altered my shopping habits and it ticks me off that I had to do so.
>
> I actually read _Something Rotten_ this weekend, by the way, and loved it.
> I think Landen Parke-Laine gets my vote for Fictional Character I Would Most
> Like To Be Married To, aside from all the eradication business.  (Jacob just
> rolled his eyes when I said this and went off to get his leg hacked off at
> the knee.  Okay, not.)  The ending was sad and quite moving, and if this is
> the end of the series, it's a good natural ending.
> Melissa Proffitt

I would be very jealous of you ("Something Rotten" isn't out here yet) except for the fact the Jasper will be
in Brisbane next month giving a talk at my favourite bookshop, so I can bear the wait. And apparently the
book will be out before he arrives, so that's OK. For other Aussies, he's going to other cities as well, details
on his website www.jasperfforde.com

Although I must admit I'm intrigued by your description, Melissa, and worried...sad? I don't want it to be
sad!

Emma :)