Jasper Fforde

Wed Aug 18 12:21:12 EDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:30:45 -0600, Otter Perry wrote:

>On Friday, August 13, 2004, at 05:11 PM, Ven wrote:
>
>> Melissa mentioned JFf as a British author she
>> orders from Amazon.
>
>Infinitesimal correction department:  I'm the one who gets
>Mr. fforde from Amazon.co.uk.
>
>Melissa hasn't ordered from A.co.uk yet, but is clearly
>going to be doing so.

I do order from them, but so far only Terry Pratchett.  They're the ones who
keep stiffing me on the deep discount they offer just before publication.
*I* think, if I'm willing to show my support by placing a preorder five
months before release, I should get whatever discount they finally sell it
at.  But they've told me that they only change the price for you if they
offer a better price within a month of when you place the order.  So I've
altered my shopping habits and it ticks me off that I had to do so.

I actually read _Something Rotten_ this weekend, by the way, and loved it.
I think Landen Parke-Laine gets my vote for Fictional Character I Would Most
Like To Be Married To, aside from all the eradication business.  (Jacob just
rolled his eyes when I said this and went off to get his leg hacked off at
the knee.  Okay, not.)  The ending was sad and quite moving, and if this is
the end of the series, it's a good natural ending.  The back of the book
says "watch for the next Jasper Fforde book," not "watch for the next
Thursday Next book," so I wonder.

Also spent way too much money at Bookman's.

Melissa Proffitt