Conrad's Fate from neilgaiman.com

Ian W. Riddell iwriddell at charter.net
Fri Aug 13 13:37:43 EDT 2004

Hi,

Neil commented on "Conrad's Fate" on his blog a few days ago:

"Well, it's a Chrestomanci novel. It stars a fifteen-year old
Christopher Chant, and is told by Conrad, who is rather depressed about
his fate. It's funny, scary, supremely twisty, and the quintessence of
what a Chrestomanci novel ought to be. (I think it's about as good as
Charmed Life and The Nine Lives of Christopher Chant and rather better
than The Magicians of Caprona . Your mileage may vary.) "

widdy

On Wednesday, August 4, 2004, at 03:18  AM, Aimee Smith wrote:

> Some random blog I just read quoted Neil Gaiman's blog, where he said
> he'd
> just read DWJ's new Chrestomanci book Conrad's Fate!!!!
> Is it really out yet, or does he get preference, I wonder?
> Or did I miss the post and it's been out for ages or something?
> I'm off to Amazon.com!
> Loving people who blog right now,
> Aimee.
>

> --

"We don’t need lists of rights and wrongs, tables of do’s and don’ts:
we need books, time, and silence.  Thou shalt not is soon forgotten,
but Once upon a time lasts forever."
Philip Pullman

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net

It wasn't only wickedness and scheming that made people unhappy, it was
confusion and misunderstanding; above all, it was the failure to grasp
the simple truth that other people are as real as you.
Ian McEwan Atonement

Ian W. Riddell
iwriddell at charter.net