cons and meets

Tanaqui Weaver cen at caption.org
Thu Aug 12 23:40:44 EDT 2004

> In a message dated 8/8/2004 1:31:04 PM Central Daylight Time, rohina at shaw.ca
> writes:

> just say, it was EXACTLY like the con that dwj describes in Deep Secret,
> except without the magical hotel. The hotel had its own oddness, just not a
> mystical oddness.

You mean there were centaurs, a malevolent bush-goddess and gendershifters
wandering about the place? There are some people who have changed gender
*once* in fandom, but AFAIK notpeople who can shift back and forth, nor
retain a capacity to breed (alas).

> Wow, I have literally just finished Deep Secret when I check my e-mail and
> saw this. So there are really people like that out there? Dress up and act
> like that in public? Ah, I'd probably do that too if one ever came here (new
> orleans) but I dont think they have em here.
> -jordan

Is New Orleans as full of Death-lovers as the works of Michael Marshall Smith,
Caitlin Kiernan and Anne Rice (inter alia) imply?

Tanaqui