book suggestions

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Tue Aug 10 22:36:12 EDT 2004

I should link that list from the website.

Australia, eh?  I'm not sure what's in print, but almost anything that's
made it here is going to be good.  Garth Nix, of course, either Sabriel
or Shade's Children.  _Singing the Dogstar Blues_ by ... Alison Goodman?
is lovely cyberpunk.  The John Marsden _Tomorrow when the war began_
series is SF in one of the broader definitions of "speculative alternate
histories", and I find it thrilling.

I'm ambivalent about the first JumpMan book, which is all I've read.
Also not brilliantly fond of Graeme Base's Truck Dogs, which is prob'ly
too young anyhow.

Other than that, I'd go with our usual list.

-deborah
--
I get all my ideas in Switzerland near the Forka Pass. There is
a little town called Gletch, and two thousand feet up above