cons and meets

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Mon Aug 9 12:47:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Melissa Proffitt wrote:

|On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 12:20:29 -0600, Robyn Starkey wrote:
|
|>Hi all
|>
|>I went to a sf and fantasy con this weekend. It was here in town, and they
|>needed moderators for panels at the last minute, so I even got in free. Can
|>I just say, it was EXACTLY like the con that dwj describes in Deep Secret,
|>except without the magical hotel. The hotel had its own oddness, just not a
|>mystical oddness.
|>
|>Apparently, there is a really big con (Westercon? Westcon? not sure about
|>the exact name) here in Calgary in the beginning of July next year. I just
|>wondered if any dwj-ers might be moved to come, so we could have a meet of
|>some kind.
|
|Calgary I could probably do, especially if I can plan that far in advance.

If enough other people were going, and I had advance notice, I think I
could make it.

Another thing I'd been thinking of was trying to do a North America get
together when Howl's comes out (or is available at least subbed) over
here.  We had that snazzy map that everyone helped update, and we're of
course scattered all over the map.  If I were a mathemetician I could do
a weighted average but eyeballing it I'd guess Minnesota or so would be
minimum total path length for the collective North Americans, if we were
all to get together.  :)

-deborah
--
I get all my ideas in Switzerland near the Forka Pass. There is
a little town called Gletch, and two thousand feet up above